Some of the most common ways to make a gift to Cardinal & Gold Fund, Inc. are to write a check, make a gift using a credit card, or donate online.
A gift of cash could be right for you if:
- You want the easiest way to donate to Cardinal & Gold Fund, Inc.
- You want the largest possible income tax charitable deduction for your gift.
- You would like to make the gift to Cardinal & Gold Fund, Inc. that has the greatest immediate impact.
How it works
You make a gift of cash directly to Cardinal & Gold Fund, Inc. and you receive an immediate income tax charitable deduction.
How Your Gift Helps
Your gifts to Cardinal & Gold Find, Inc. help Cardinal Hayes High School inspire culturally diverse young men through spiritual growth and a rigorous collegiate preparatory program of academics. It will provide Cardinal Hayes High School with the resources to provide …
What is an outright gift of cash?
An outright gift of cash is when you transfer funds to Cardinal & Gold Fund, Inc. and get nothing of financial value in return. The most common way for donors to make an outright gift is to write a check payable to Cardinal & Gold Fund, Inc.
Gift provides immediate support
Unlike some other gift arrangements, your outright gift will provide resources that Cardinal & Gold Fund, Inc. can put to immediate use. If you prefer to restrict our use of your gift in any way, please contact us so that we can be sure that we can carry out your wishes.
Maximum tax savings
You may deduct the full amount of your donation up to 60% of your adjusted gross income, providing tax savings if you itemize. You may carry forward all of your unused deduction for up to five additional years.
Ways to give cash
Most donors make an outright gift by writing a check payable to Cardinal & Gold Fund, Inc. and mailing it to us. You may also make a cash gift using your credit card.
Derrick Thomas would like to make an immediate $15,000 gift to Cardinal & Gold Fund, Inc. Derrick could write a check for this amount and earn a charitable deduction equal to $15,000. Alternatively, Derrick could make a gift using his credit card by calling us on the phone, responding to a mailing, or by donating online through our website. Gifts of checks and gifts made via credit cards are considered cash gifts.
- Derrick may deduct up to 60% of his adjusted gross income for her gift of cash, providing tax savings if he itemizes.
- If Derrick itemizes deductions but cannot use the entire deduction in the year of gift, he may carry the balance forward for up to five additional years.
- Assuming Derrick itemizes deductions and can use his entire income tax charitable deduction of $15,000, he will save him $5,550 (37% tax).
- Derrick will gain the satisfaction of making a $15,000 gift to Cardinal & Gold Fund, Inc..